Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dirty Bird Flaps Its Wings

"But this rush hour, I’m behind the wheel of a preproduction 2009 Volkswagen Jetta, which is powered by a 2.0-liter turbo-charged, direct-injected diesel engine that, even as I leave the speed limit in tatters, is averaging nearly 50 mpg. Equally important, what’s coming out of the tailpipe is no dirtier than the emissions from the 35-mpg econoboxes I can now see in my rearview mirror."

Source. A clean diesel car averaging 50 mpg?

The word 'diesel' might turn people off here, I'm thinking. It may be a setback, but, considering the price of gas and the obsession with paranoid ecofriendliness in general, I'm sure people will come around sooner or later.

"...well, the dirty bird of fossil fuels isn’t so dirty anymore."

It cleaned up, and it's flapping its wings. Will it fly?

No comments: