Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Politico Interview With Bush

Politico's Michael Allen interviewed President Bush. I read through the transcript (already linked), and I came away with a few thoughts.

Q Mr. President, I'm going to surprise you -- there's a question from a user, Bruce Becker, and he asks: Do you feel that you were misled on Iraq?

THE PRESIDENT: I feel like -- I felt like there were weapons of mass destruction. You know, "mislead" is a strong word, it almost connotes some kind of intentional -- I don't think so, I think there was a -- not only our intelligence community, but intelligence communities all across the world shared the same assessment. And so I was disappointed to see how flawed our intelligence was.

Ok, we all know Bush is an idiot. Every comedian in America, if not the world, incorporates his stupidity into their routine at some point. Every liberal has, and every conservative is starting to do the same. He's an idiot. It's settled.
My one question is - and this is a big one - how do liberals get away simultaneously tagging Bush as the most unintelligent President in our history while also claiming Bush 'lied' about WMDs as part of his massive plot to dominate the world's oil supply?He didn't lie about anything. He had no idea what he was talking about, and therefore was willing to listen to and believe whatever he was told. I don't believe Bush to be immoral; simply stupid.

-----

So "mislead" means, do I think somebody lied to me? No, I don't. I think it was just, you know, they analyzed the situation and came up with the wrong conclusion. 

-----

Q Mr. President, you haven't been golfing in recent years. Is that related to Iraq?

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, it really is. I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be as -- to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.

Well, that's very kind of you, Mr. President, but I think we would survive if you uh, took a weekend for yourself. Ya know, just let loose. Let Dick run things for a little while.

No comments: