Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy 60th, Israel



Human Events: Despite being the freest, most democratic country in the Middle East, Israel is the whipping boy for the UN’s Human Rights Council, a discredited basket case of an organization that boasts some of the world’s worst human rights offenders as members, including China, Saudi Arabia, Cuba, Russia and Egypt. Roughly three quarters of the HRC’s resolutions in its first year were aimed at Israel, while brutal dictatorships such as Zimbabwe, North Korea, Burma and Sudan barely merited a mention.

Ironically, my history class today focused on post-war Truman reform, and we spoke quite a bit about the founding of Israel. Interesting stuff.

1 comment:

BoBo said...

If I told you what I really did for a living when I was in the Air Force, I'd have to "sanction" you. Let's just say that my Area of Responsibility was Israel - in particular - Tactical Air. I went to the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California where I learned Hebrew, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day, for 47 weeks. I speak the language fluently now. Part of learning the language was an immersion in the culture as well. Three of our instructors were native born Israelis. All I can say is, these guys are the staunchest of allies, and quite frankly, if the U.S. ever engaged them, even we would probably lose against these guys. They've taken all of our equipment and technology and modified them to the point that they are better and more advanced than they were before we turned it over to them. They don't share! LOL. In any case, for HRC and any other Dems to try to legislate against Israel would be an absolutely huge mistake. We need these guys on our side in a bad way.