Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bike Tour Pictures

Here are the promised Five Boro Bike Tour Pictures:
My friends Kevin, Claire, Nick and I in Battery Park before the tour.

The tour lineup on 6th Ave. at about 7:45 AM. The race didn't start for us way in the back until maybe 8:30. The fence to the left separates us from Ground Zero.

One of five bridges on the day.

The tour ends with a 3-mile ride on the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. This is the view from the top looking down on the BQE. All those little dots on the northbound side are bikers. 30,000 total.

The end of the tour in Staten Island.

It was a great day. I recommend for anyone in the Tristate area. It's a great way to see the city.

UPDATE: My girlfriend, Claire, is disappointed I didn't cite my source. She took the pictures. I apologize to any curious passers-by deadened by my lack of sourcing. I'm sorry.

No comments: