Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Monday, April 21, 2008

A Comment That Doesn't Matter

Obama said today, ""You have a real choice in this election. Either Democrat would be better than John McCain. And all three of us would be better than George Bush."

No big deal, right?

Hell yes, it is. Later in the same article, I was informed by Clinton that Obama was actually cheering on McCain. The exact words, in fact, were, "We need a nominee who will take on John McCain, not cheer on John McCain."

Somehow, backhanded compliments served on the golden platter that is the media don't tend to count as "cheering on" in my book, but that's just me. Clinton obviously reads a better book.

Speaking of books... I am reading The Audacity of Hope just to confirm my discontent with Obama. After every incoherent paragraph his ghost writer whipped together, he throws in a quick mention of patriotic black men to regain my attention. I became immune to this dirty trick by chapter seven, simply entitled Race, when he upped the paragraph-to-use of the phrase "patriotic black men" ratio to 1:2. Needless to say, my discontent has been confirmed.

No comments: