Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Misspoken Text

Hillary has been under fire for supposedly lying about the uhm... conditions from which she exited a plane in Bosnia in 1996. She cited this trip as one of her marvelous foreign policy hallmarks after being forced into actually explaining what she claims to be excellent foreign policy experience. Anyway, push comes to shove, she is accused of lying about this valiant effort of running through sniper fire after getting off a plane in a third world country. The Caucus talks about how she got nailed down by reporters:

A third reporter then asked about [speaking about the incident in her book], prompting Mr. Howard (Clinton's speaker) to read the relevant passage from her book, in which she wrote: “Due to reports of snipers in the hills around the airstrip, we were forced to cut short an event on the tarmac with local children.” He repeated that this was the one time in which she misspoke.

I find it difficult to misspeak while writing. Very difficult. I'm not talking about the occasional typo; we all do that. Maybe sentence structure needs work from time to time. For me, I think writing is a very actively mind-racking event. How well I get my point across is up for debate, but I say what I intend to say. A simple error from Hillary is fine. But I must find it curious, to say the very least, that Clinton not only misplaced her written words, but also miswrote an entire fairytale regarding children on a tarmac that, according to her, never actually happened.

Somehow, I am in awe.

No comments: