Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Audacity of Rewritten Rhetoric

I just picked up The Audacity of Hope literally about fifteen minutes ago (I know, it's sad that I haven't read it yet). Anyway, in just the prologue and first few pages, I'm getting an irritating sense that Obama is calling for reasonable partisanship by both parties, but only for conservative change. That's like Osama jumping out of a cave and calling for world peace and shortly there after, also requesting that every American wear a turban. Nice thought, and it makes a lovely book, but it ain't gonna happen, bud. 

And the originality! I mean, a book about calling for change in the opposite party has never been written, ever.

Ok, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, and maybe The Audacity of Hope isn't quite as bias as Godless. I'll let you know how I feel when I finish.

No comments: