Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Romney's Withdrawal

I just got home after a ski race and school, and I have a few words on Romney's withdrawal.

If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror.

This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country.


I found his speech selfless and respectful. He knows he still had a shot (an increasingly shrinking, slim shot, but a shot nonetheless), but he made a good decision. His logic is flawless, and he is definitely taking the "this is bigger than myself approach," which I always like.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Loved him! Voted for him! Will miss him terribly! Hope to see him again in the next Presidential elections!! Great blog!

Robyn
www.nykazafamily.com