Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

NYC List

I know, I know, I shouldn't be up this late... but I couldn't sleep! Haha anyway I read this column on Townhall by Jonah Goldberg (who's Liberal Fascism will almost definitely be February's book of the month). Just a list he rattled off that blew me away:

In 2006 alone, New York City banned - or attempted to ban - pit bulls; trans fats; aluminum baseball bats; the purchase of tobacco by 18- to 20-year-olds; foie gras; pedicabs in parks; new fast-food restaurants (but only in poor neighborhoods); lobbyists from the floor of council chambers; vehicles in Central and Prospect parks; cell phones in upscale restaurants; the sale of pork products made in a processing plant in Tar Heel, N.C.; mail-order pharmaceutical plans; candy-flavored cigarettes; the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus; and Wal-Mart.

No comments: