Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

A College Update

So I'm posting from a Radisson Hotel in Boston right now. I'm up here visiting colleges for the next couple days. Today, I looked at Babson and Bentley. I have to say, I was very impressed with the latter. For a school that I had no intention of even visiting on my trip only a few days ago, Bentley has hopped to the top of my list very quickly.
I've come to the conclusion on my college quests that I'm asymmetrical. I personally can't stand neat and tidy campuses with planned communities. I tend to prefer those with ivy climbing buildings and rugged cobblestone pathways. But, then again, a certain sense of coordination is always appreciated... just thinking out loud here. I guess some medium is ideal for me.
Both these schools met that confusing sequence of criteria, but there was a vague West Point feel to Babson that I didn't love. Bentley felt like a little ski village... I love little ski villages. Babson is also $43,000 a year, so that... isn't lovely.

Well, just some thoughts on the college search. Tomorrow, I'm off to see Emerson, Northeastern and Brandeis (the only nonsectarian Jewish-sponsored college or university in the United States, interestingly enough, as indicated by a google search). More college comments tomorrow. Politics in a few minutes.

No comments: