Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Again?

THIS JUST IN: Huckabee falls behind Kucinich in my "If all the other candidates died, I guess I would vote for" list. (He's still ahead of Hillary, if you're wondering)

"There's a sense in which all these years the evangelicals have been treated very kindly by the Republican Party. They wanted us to be a part of it. And then one day one of us actually runs, and they say, Oh, my gosh. Now they're serious. They don't want to just show up and vote."

-Mike

POWERLINE: If Republicans like Lowry wanted to keep Christian conservatives at arms-length why did they support Bush so firmly? The notion that evangelicals have somehow been excluded from the Republican discussion is ludicrous.

1 comment:

Richard Johnson said...

Not a Huckabee fan? After Ron Paul, he'd probably be the GOPher I'd be most likely to support. And, I'd probably support him over Hilary (...maybe). Then again, I haven't read much of what he's written or said other than what I see in the minuscule filter of the media; so, perhaps, if it were necessary, I'd have to do more research.