Fiscally nuts. Socially insane.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Teddy Bears Named Muhammud

Read all about it. A Sudanese school teacher allowed a child to name his teddy bear Muhammad, after the child's name. The woman was charged with inciting religious hatred.

I think this is a clear sign of a new paranoia in Middle Eastern territories after the uproar from the bomb head Muhammad. We are starting to see a fear of terrorism in these countries. Well, okay, let me rephrase that. I think we understand that a fear of terrorism was always in existence, especially there. But this? Wow. A new level.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most left-wingers don't understand the barbaric nature of what we in the west are up against. Naming a teddy bear Mohammed = death?

Richard Johnson said...

Now then, I'm a liberal, but I was appalled by the calls of these people to condemn the poor woman to death. I hate fanaticism of any kind, and this is just horrible.